Arrogant self-righteousness leads to condemnation, but humble faith-righteousness leads to commendation. In part 7 of The Passion Week, Pastor Dan Cox reads from Matthew 23:1-39, Mark 12:38-44, and Luke 20:45-21:4.
Subscribe to new episodes:
Or search for Wonder Lake Bible Church in your favorite podcasts app.
Context for Our Text
Understanding the Text
- Obey God’s law, but don’t follow bad examples.
- Humbly serve, lest you be humbled.
- Spiritually lost
- Hindered others from entering the kingdom
- Greedy manipulators
- Pretentious show-offs
- Poor spiritual examples
- Elevated small things while neglecting weightier matters
- Outwardly righteous, but inwardly corrupt
- Murderous hearts
Self-Righteousness vs. Faith-Righteousness
Applying the Text
- Trust in Christ’s righteousness, not your own.
- Humbly serve others and let God exalt you.
- Remember that God sees all and will reward all you do truly for Him.