Our bodies will one day soon be transformed by Christ into the image of His own glorious resurrection body made suitable for living forever in the kingdom of God. In part 3 of Christmas 2021: Hope Is On The Horizon, Pastor Dan Cox reads from 1 Corinthians 15:42-58.
Subscribe to new episodes:
Or search for Wonder Lake Bible Church in your favorite podcasts app.
Our Hope in Christ
- Eternal Life
- Perfect Righteousness
- Resurrected Body
- Heavenly Reward
- New Earth
Context for Our Text
What will happen to our bodies?
Our bodies will be transformed from…
- perishable to imperishable
- dishonorable to glorious
- weak to powerful
- natural to spiritual
- Adam’s image to Christ’s image
- incapable to capable
How and when will this happen?
It will happen…
- in an instant
- by God’s great power
- when Christ returns
- abounding in the work of the Lord
- your labor in the Lord is not in vain!
Sanctified Speculation: The Glorified Resurrection Body
Applying the Text
- Do you have this hope in Christ?
- Hold steady in this hope for yourself and your departed loved ones in Christ
- Abound in the work of the Lord