Jesus came to deliver us from the spiritual death of merely external religious ritual and instead give us new life and new hearts as children of God. In part 1 of The King’s First Year of Earthly Ministry, Pastor Dan Cox reads from John 2:13-25 and John 3:1-21.
Subscribe to new episodes:
Or search for Wonder Lake Bible Church in your favorite podcasts app.
Religion vs. Relationship
Context for Our Text
Jesus revealed His…
- zeal for holiness (2:13-17)
- power of resurrection (2:18-22)
- full knowledge of hearts (2:23-25)
You must be born again
- the necessity of regeneration and new birth (3:1-8)
- the necessity of the crucifixion (3:9-15)
- the love of God in the gospel (3:16-21)
Applying the Text
- Who, or what, are you trusting in for forgiveness of sin and eternal life?
- Have you been born again?
- Are you persevering in faith in Christ?