While it is a difficult thing to do, the discipline of giving thanks in all circumstances yields great blessing in the lives of believers. In part 2 of Thanks Giving, Pastor Dan Cox reads from 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.
Subscribe to new episodes:
Or search for Wonder Lake Bible Church in your favorite podcasts app.
Thanksgiving is giving praise and honor to God no matter what for who He is, what He has done, what He is doing and what He has promised to do.
- honors our God who is worthy
- blesses the heart of God
- benefits the people of God
While it is a difficult thing to do, the discipline of giving thanks in all circumstances yields great blessing in the lives of believers.
Some Context First…
Understanding the Text
- Rejoice always (v. 16)
- Pray without ceasing (v. 17)
- Give thanks in all circumstances (v. 18)
The Discipline of Gratitude
The Blessings of Gratitude
A Map for Gritty Gratitude
- Rest in God’s Sovereign Plan
- Cling to God’s Good Promises
- Look for God’s Evident Work
- Trust in God’s Steadfast Love and Faithfulness (Even When You Don’t See It or Feel It)
Applying the Text
- Do you generally choose grumbling or gratitude?
- Will you choose to give thanks in all circumstances?
- Give thanks!