The spirit of the age says homosexual practice stems from innate, unchangeable, morally praiseworthy attractions, but the Spirit of God says homosexual practice stems from the sinful nature and violates God’s good design for human sexuality, but can be forgiven and the person redeemed by the life, death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. In part 4 of Deciphering the Cultural Zeitgeist, Pastor Dan Cox reads from 1 Corinthians 6:1-20.
Subscribe to new episodes:
Or search for Wonder Lake Bible Church in your favorite podcasts app.
Peer Pressure and Cultural Tipping Points
Attractions are not actions
Desires are not decisions
Predilections are not practices
Some Context First…
Understanding the Text
- The unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God (6:1-10)
- God has redeemed people from all manner of sins (6:11)
- The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord (6:12-20)
The Spirit of the Age Says Homosexual Practice…
- stems from innate attractions
- is unchangeable
- is morally praiseworthy
The Spirit of God Says Homosexual Practice…
- stems from the sinful nature
- violates God’s good design for human sexuality
- can be forgiven and the person redeemed
Applying the Text
- Do your sexual practices conform more to the world or God’s good design?
- Repent of anything unworthy of God’s good design
- Rejoice and rest in God’s grace, deliverance and hope