Faithfulness is the God-given ability to follow through with our commitments to God and others regardless of difficulty. In part 7 of Soul Construction: The Fruit of the Spirit, Pastor Dan Cox reads from Galatians 5:22.
- The Goal
- The Means
- The Power
Some Context First…
The Fruit of the Spirit
Faithfulness is the quality of being reliable, dedicated, unwavering and worthy of trust.
What Does the Bible Teach About Faithfulness?
- The Perfect Faithfulness of God
- The Imperfect Faithfulness of Human Beings
The Perfect Faithfulness of God
- God will help you in temptation (1 Cor. 10:11-13)
- God will continuously forgive and cleanse you (1 John 1:9)
- God will sanctify you completely (1 Thess. 5:23-24)
The Imperfect Faithfulness of Human Beings
- God requires us to be faithful (1 Cor. 4:1-2)
- We have numerous examples of faithfulness to follow (Heb. 12:1-2)
- The faithful servant will be richly rewarded (Matt. 25:14-30)
Applying the Text
- Are you keeping “short accounts” with God?
- Are you relying daily on His grace and power?
- Are you holding fast to your hope in Christ?