Patience is the God-given capacity to handle difficult people or situations calmly and with a long-term perspective. In part 5 of Soul Construction: The Fruit of the Spirit, Pastor Dan Cox reads from Galatians 5:22.
Subscribe to new episodes:
Or search for Wonder Lake Bible Church in your favorite podcasts app.
- The Goal
- The Means
- The Power
Some Context First…
The Fruit of the Spirit
What Does the Bible Teach About Patience?
- Patience is an expression of love (1 Cor. 13:1-4)
- Patience reflects our high calling in Christ (Eph. 4:1-3)
- Forgiveness is key in patience (Col. 3:12-13)
- The LORD is good to those who wait for Him (Lam. 3:25-26)
- The Lord rewards those who don’t grow weary of doing good (Gal. 6:9-10)
- Patient hope sustains us in suffering (Rom. 8:18-25)
- Impatience can cost us dearly (1 Sam. 13:8-14)
James Spiegel, How to Be Good in a World Gone Bad
Some Further Thoughts on Patience…
Why is patience a virtue?
What varieties of patience are there?
Why is patience so difficult?
How is patience developed?
Patience reveals our faith in God’s timing, omnipotence and love.
Applying the Text
- Do you trust in God’s timing, omnipotence and love?