Joy is a God-given inner sense of happiness or well-being regardless of outward circumstances. In part 3 of Soul Construction: The Fruit of the Spirit, Pastor Dan Cox reads from Galatians 5:22.
Subscribe to new episodes: iTunes | Google Play | RSS
Some Context First…
The Fruit of the Spirit
What Does the Bible Teach About Joy?
- There is fullness of joy in the presence of the Lord (Psalm 16:11)
- Faith in Christ produces joy (1 Peter 1:8-9)
- Obedience to Jesus brings fullness of joy (John 15:10-11)
- Jesus is our example of joy (Hebrews 12:1-2)
- We can rejoice even in trials and suffering (James 1:2-4; 1 Peter 1:6-7; Romans 5:3-5)
- There is joy in fellowship with other believers (2 John 1:12)
- Our eternal hope brings joy (Romans 5:1-2)
- Joy is a command to be obeyed (Philippians 4:4)
The Wellspring of Joy: Knowledge of God and the Pursuit of Holiness
Applying the Text
- Are you happy?
- Are you thirsty?
- Drink deeply from the wellspring of joy