Love is the God-empowered choice to give of ourselves to meet the needs of others without expecting anything in return. Pastor Dan Cox reads from Galatians 5:22.
- The Goal
- The Means
- The Power
Challenges to Soul Construction:
- The World
- The Devil
- The Flesh
Some Context First…
The Fruit of the Spirit
What Does the Bible Teach About Love?
- God is love (1 John 4:8)
- Love is costly (John 3:16)
- Love is the great commandment (Matt. 22:34-40)
- Love is not optional (John 13:34-35)
- Love is the supreme virtue (1 Cor. 13:1-3)
- Love puts others first (1 Cor. 13:4-7)
- Love obeys God (John 14:15)
- Love is evidence of true knowledge of God (1 John 4:7-8)
Who can love like that?
Only God… and those He empowers by His Spirit
Applying the Text
- Is your life characterized by growth in love?