Followers of Jesus are called to pray for all people, including even hostile governing authorities, so that we may live peaceful and quiet, godly and dignified lives. In part 3 of 1 Timothy & Titus: Godly Life and Leadership, Pastor Dan Cox reads from 1 Timothy 2:1-7.
- is pleased when we pray for all people (2:1-3)
- desires all people to be saved (2:4)
- has provided one mediator (2:5-6)
- appoints people to proclaim the gospel (2:7)
Applying the Text
- Do you pray for all people, including hostile governing authorities?
- Do you endeavor to lead a godly life?
- Are you faithful to proclaim the one Mediator – Jesus Christ?