Followers of Jesus are called to guard the truth of sound gospel teaching and support those who faithfully proclaim the truth. In part 2 of Faithfulness in Hardship, Pastor Dan Cox reads from 2 Timothy 1:13-18.
What is your most valuable material possession?
What do you value more than anything else in life?
Some Context First…
Understanding the Text
- Follow the pattern (1:13)
- Guard the good deposit (1:14)
- Support the persecuted (1:15-18)
Spiritually maturing persons…
- are obedient to Scripture
- guard gospel truth
- support persecuted believers
Applying the Text
- Do you understand and value the gospel above all else?
- Do you practice spiritual discernment?
- Do you support others who are guarding the gospel?