Followers of Jesus have a sacred task to humbly, lovingly and competently proclaim the gospel. Pastor Dan Cox reads from 1 Peter 3:8-17.
We all have questions – important questions – about life. Some of the biggest questions concern whether or not life has a purpose, and if God exists. If God does exist, why does He allow pain and suffering? Are Christians too narrow-minded when they say that Jesus is the only way? Is Jesus really God? Can we trust the Bible? Is it possible to know God personally? The Explore God series will address these questions and seek to give answers and hope for all who are willing to explore with an open mind and open heart.
EXPLORE GOD: 7 BIG QUESTIONS
- Does Life Have a Purpose?
- Is There a God?
- Why Does God Allow Pain and Suffering?
- Is Christianity Too Narrow?
- Is Jesus Really God?
- Is the Bible Reliable?
- Can I Know God Personally?
Some Context First…
Elements of a Good Witness
- a healthy, obedient church (3:8)
- blessing upon those who revile (3:9-12)
- zeal for good (3:13-14)
- submission to Christ (3:15a)
- holiness (3:15b)
- readiness to answer questions (3:15c)
- gentleness and respect (3:15d)
- a good conscience from good behavior (3:16-17)
Proclaim the Gospel…
Applying the Text
- Love Jesus
- Love people
- Speak in the power of the Spirit