The fellowship we enjoy with God through prayer in this life is only a shadow of the eternal life to come. Ralph Babineau reads from Matthew 6: 5-13.
What Hinders Prayer?
- We don’t ask (James 4:1-2)
- Selfish motives (James 4:3)
- Sent to the wrong person (Matthew 6:5-6)
- Mindless repetition (Matthew 6:7-8)
- Lack of faith or trust in God (James 1:5-6)
- Unconfessed sin (Isaiah 59:1-2)
- Don’t know how (Matthew 6:9-13)
Just the Facts
- Asking God for blessings
- Praying in private
- Praying or saying