Followers of Jesus are called to live sober, upright lives in light of the sudden, unexpected coming of the day of the Lord. In part 8 of 1 & 2 Thessalonians: Hope In Trying Times, Pastor Dan Cox reads from 1 Thessalonians 5:1-10.
The Day of the Lord
Some Context First…
The Day of the Lord…
- will come unexpectedly (5:1-2)
- will bring sudden, inescapable destruction (5:3)
- should not surprise believers (5:4-5)
- should motivate believers to live sober, upright lives (5:6-7)
- will bring salvation for believers in Christ (5:9-10)
Applying the Text
- Are you awake?
- Are you leading a sober and upright life?