Followers of Jesus are called to encourage and edify one another because they are destined to obtain salvation. In part 9 of 1 & 2 Thessalonians: Hope In Trying Times, Pastor Dan Cox reads from 1 Thessalonians 5:11-28.
Subscribe to new episodes:
Or search for Wonder Lake Bible Church in your favorite podcasts app.
Some Context First…
Encourage and Edify One Another…
- Respect and love spiritual leaders (5:12-13a)
- Be at peace with one another (5:13b)
- Admonish the idle (5:14a)
- Encourage the fainthearted (5:14b)
- Help the weak (5:14c)
- Be patient with all (5:14d)
- Do not repay evil with evil (5:15a)
- Seek to do good to all (5:15b)
- Rejoice always (5:16)
- Pray without ceasing (5:17)
- Give thanks in all circumstances (5:18)
- Do not quench the Spirit (5:19)
- Do not despise prophecies (5:20-21a)
- Hold fast to what is good (5:21b)
- Abstain from evil (5:22)
- Rest in God’s faithfulness and grace (5:23-28)
Applying the Text
- Just do it…. Encourage and edify one another!