The disciplined practice of Bible study results in powerful life change as the follower of Jesus will know God better, be transformed within and fulfill God’s purposes. In part 1 of Bible Study 101, Pastor Dan Cox reads from 2 Timothy 3:10-17.
Disciple: Student/Learner/Follower of Jesus
As a disciple, you…
- are called, regenerated, forgiven and justified by Christ
- are on a lifelong journey to know Christ and become more like Him
- have the hope of eternal life, resurrection of the body and all things made new
Bible Study 101
Why Study the Bible?
How to Study the Bible
Some Context First…
Understanding the Text
- The Power of Example (3:10-13)
- The Power of Scripture (3:14-17)
Why Should I Study the Bible?
- To know God better
- To be transformed within
- To fulfill God’s purposes
Applying the Text
- Do you know Christ better today than you did a year ago?
- Do you see evidence of the Spirit’s transforming power at work within you?
- Do you see God using your life for eternal kingdom purposes?
- Do you want to experience all of the above?