As a disciple of Jesus, you are commanded to place Christ at the center of your life so that He directs all the interests of your life. In part 1 of One-to-One Discipleship, Pastor Dan Cox reads from Galatians 2:15-21.
“Disciple”: Student/ Learner/ Follower
- A Christian disciple is a follower of Jesus Christ
- We are called, regenerated, forgiven and justified by Christ
- He calls us then to a journey of learning more and more how to be like Him
“Make Disciples”: Help others to know and follow Jesus
“Discipleship”: The life-long process of being changed from the inside by the Holy Spirit in order to conform more and more to the character of Jesus
We are called by Jesus to be His disciples and then to make disciples. What does it mean to be a disciple (a learner, a student, a follower) of Jesus Christ? How can disciples of Jesus make other disciples? How can we be faithful to that call in our local church? This series will examine answers to those questions and give us opportunities to grow in faithfulness to that sacred call of Christ on our lives.
- The Christ-Centered Life
- Assurance of Salvation
- The Bible
- The Spirit-Filled Life
Some Context First…
As followers of Jesus…
- we are justified by faith alone (2:15-16)
- we died to the law so that we might live to God (2:17-19)
- we do not live, Christ lives in us (2:20a)
- we live by faith, love and grace (2:20b-21)
Applying the Text
- Is Christ on the “throne” of your life?
REMEMBER… We live by faith… love… grace…