THE FIVE “SOLAS” OF THE REFORMATION
Sola Scriptura: Scripture Alone
Sola Fide: Faith Alone
Sola Gratia: Grace Alone
Solus Christus: Christ Alone
Soli Deo Gloria: God’s Glory Alone
The Five Solas Summary Statement:
On the authority of Scripture alone, we declare that we are saved by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone for God’s glory alone.
Soli Deo Gloria: God’s Glory Alone – Romans 11:25-36
- Glory in the salvation of Gentiles
- Glory in the salvation of Jews
- Glory in God’s mercy
- Glory in God’s riches, wisdom and knowledge
- Glory in God’s decisions and ways
- Glory in God’s creation, power and purpose
- All glory to God forever!
1 Corinthians 10:31
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
Applying the Text
- Are you grateful to God alone for your salvation?
- Are you seeking to honor God in all you do?