Jesus has conquered sin and death in order that we might live eternally in His blessed presence. Pastor Dan Cox reads from 1 Corinthians 15.
O Death, Where Is Your Victory?
The Heart of the Gospel (vv. 1-11)
The Gospel: The Good News Story
- We were made to know God intimately.
- We have all fallen into sin, moral rebellion, against God.
- God, who is just, must judge our sin.
- God, who is love, has provided a way to satisfy His judgment while also delivering us from it.
- Jesus is the way.
- Jesus, the Son of God, took on a human body and spirit, and was made exactly like one of us, but without sin.
- Jesus perfectly obeyed the law of God.
- Jesus willingly gave up His life on the cross where He took the punishment for our sin.
- Jesus died, was buried and then rose again on the third day.
- Jesus will deliver all those who trust in Him from sin’s judgment-eternal death-and will give eternal life to all who believe in Him.
- When Jesus comes again, He will resurrect the bodies of all who believe in Him, and will make all things new.
- All who believe in Jesus will live with Him forever on a new Earth.
The Importance of the Resurrection (vv. 14-26)
The Resurrection Body (vv. 40-44)
Final Victory over Death (vv. 50-57)
- Stand firm in your faith
- Work hard for God’s purposes
- Know that what you do for God will be rewarded forever
Applying the Text
- Have you believed the gospel?
- Are you sharing the gospel with others?
- Are you standing firm in your faith?
- Are you working hard for God’s purposes?
- He Lives…. REJOICE!