While God has no need for a house built by human hands, the temple served as a central place of worship where God’s people could praise God, offer sacrifices and pray together. In part 9 of Chronicles: God’s Mercy and Faithfulness Overcomes, Pastor Dan Cox reads from 2 Chronicles 2-5.
Understanding the Text
Preparing to Build the Temple (2:1-18)
Building the Temple (3:1 – 5:1)
Moving the Ark of the Covenant into the Temple (5:2-14)
A Closer Look at the Temple
Purposes of the Temple
- Symbol of God’s Presence
- Symbol of God’s Holiness
- Symbol of God’s Covenant Faithfulness
- Place for Corporate Worship
- Pointed to the Messiah
A Place of Corporate Worship
- Sacrificial Offering
Applying the Text
- Do you need forgiveness and cleansing?
- Do you want to offer yourself as a living sacrifice to God?
- Do you want to praise God for who He is and what He has done for you?
- Do you need prayer?