While there are advantages and disadvantages in both marriage and singleness, the follower of Christ is charged to find his or her ultimate joy and contentment in the Lord. In part 2 of Biblical Marriage: One Man, One Woman, One Flesh, Pastor Dan Cox reads from 1 Corinthians 7.
To Marry or Not to Marry
- Both marriage and contentment in singleness are gifts from the Lord
- Singleness requires sexual self-control
- It is best to remain in the condition in which God called us
- Marriage brings additional responsibilities and divided interests
- Singleness brings greater freedom to focus on service and pleasing the Lord
- Whether married or single, we all must focus on eternal things
A word to those who are single…
A word to those who are married…
Applying the Text
- Are you content within the place God has called you?