The young should pursue vigorous activity free from anxiety while recognizing that youth is fleeting and God will judge all. In part 10 of Ecclesiastes: Two Ways of Living, Pastor Dan Cox reads from Ecclesiastes 9, 11-12.
Subscribe to new episodes:
Or search for Wonder Lake Bible Church in your favorite podcasts app.
- We can’t know our life circumstances (Ecclesiastes 9:1)
- We all share the same fate: death (Ecclesiastes 9:2-6)
- Enjoy God’s good gifts (Ecclesiastes 9:7-9)
- Do your work well (Ecclesiastes 9:10)
- The old should rejoice in each new day, while accepting the dark days (Ecclesiastes 11:7-8)
- The young should enjoy their youth (Ecclesiastes 11:9a)
- The young should pursue their desires (Ecclesiastes 11:9b)
- The young must remember they are accountable to God for all they do (Ecclesiastes 11:9c)
- The young should shun worry and keep themselves healthy (Ecclesiastes 11:10a)
- The young should remember that youth is vain and fleeting (Ecclesiastes 11:10b)
- The young should honor their Creator in their youth (Ecclesiastes 12:1)
Applying the Text
- Do you enjoy God’s gifts and make the most of your life now?
- Do you honor your Creator?
- Have you learned the secret of contentment?