Subscribe to new episodes:
Or search for Wonder Lake Bible Church in your favorite podcasts app.
Politics under the Sun
- The human justice system is not always just (Ecclesiastes 3:16)
- Powerful oppressors crush helpless victims (Ecclesiastes 4:1-3; 5:8-9)
- Political power is fleeting (Ecclesiastes 4:13-16)
- Extortion and bribery perverts justice and corrupts hearts (Ecclesiastes 7:7)
- Wicked people are sometimes honored and praised (Ecclesiastes 8:9-10)
- Unpunished crime fosters more crime (Ecclesiastes 8:11)
- Good people are sometimes treated as evil, and wicked people as good (Ecclesiastes 8:14)
- Sometimes the wrong people are in places of authority (Ecclesiastes 10:5-7)
- Bad leaders destroy a nation, but good leaders build it up (Ecclesiastes 10:16-17)
Politics in Fear of the LORD
- God will ultimately judge every person for their deeds (Ecclesiastes 3:17)
- While we must obey bad rulers, we should seek to influence them for good (Ecclesiastes 8:2-6)
- Those who fear the Lord will ultimately be better off than the wicked (Ecclesiastes 8:12-13)
Applying the Text
- Are you seeking salvation in politics or in the Lord?
- Do you pray for our leaders?