Because God is truth, we can know truth and form coherent beliefs and values that correspond with reality. In part 6 of Biblical Worldview Matters, Pastor Dan Cox reads from John 18:33-38, John 14:1-6, John 8:21-36, 1 Corinthians 1:17-25, and 2 Corinthians 5:17-21.
What is a “Worldview”?
A worldview is the framework of our most basic beliefs that shapes our understanding of the world and is the basis for our values, priorities, attitudes and actions.
- The Biblical worldview conforms to Biblical teaching, which in turn, conforms to REALITY.
- Four Critical Concerns…
- Four Critical Questions…
Truth: 3 Basic Theories
- Correspondence Theory
- Coherence Theory
- Pragmatic Test
Truth is that which corresponds with reality and is independent of any person’s opinions, beliefs or desires.
Contemporary Challenges to Truth
- Objective Truth vs. Subjective Truth
- Absolute Truth vs. Relative Truth
- Logical Positivism
Critical Questions: Truth
- Truth is a Person
- Alignment with Truth (faith) brings life and blessing
- Some Truth is offensive
- Followers of Jesus are called to be ambassadors of Truth
Applying the Text
- Are you progressively aligning your life with truth?