God is not interested in religious ritual… He desires love as demonstrated in justice, mercy and faithfulness. In part 6 of Majoring on the Minors: Key Themes in the Minor Prophets, Pastor Dan Cox reads from Micah 6:6-8.
Subscribe to new episodes:
Or search for Wonder Lake Bible Church in your favorite podcasts app.
At the time the prophecy was given, Israel was enjoying considerable economic prosperity, which led to a selfish materialism, a complacent approach to religion as a means of achieving human desires, and disintegration of personal and social values.
A Brief Introduction to Micah
Overview of Micah
- Message One: Judgment Will Come (Micah 1 – 2)
- Message Two: Blessing Will Follow Judgment (Micah 3 – 5)
- Message Three: Blessing Will Surpass Judgment (Micah 6 – 7)
What Does God Require of You?
- Religious Practice?
- Do Justice
- Love Kindness
- Walk Humbly with Your God
- Right Doctrine… Right Works… A Right Heart
Applying the Text
- Do you seek justice?
- Do you love mercy and kindness?
- Do you walk humbly and faithfully with your God?