Your Riches in Christ….
The Ordo Salutis… The Order of Your Salvation
The Classical Calvinistic Order of Salvation
Predestination and Election
God knew, loved and chose you before the foundation of the world to be conformed to the image of Christ and receive all spiritual blessings in Christ.
Calling and Regeneration
In time, God effectively called you to Himself and made you spiritually alive through the new birth.
Faith and Repentance
Having been made spiritually alive, God gave you faith- trust in the Person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ- and changed your mind about sin.
You… But God… By grace you have been saved through faith…
- were dead in trespasses and sins
- followed the course of this world
- followed Satan
- carried out the passions and desires of the flesh
- were a child of wrath
- is rich in mercy
- loved you with a great love
- made you alive together with Christ
- saved you by His grace
- raised and seated you with Christ
- will show you the immeasurable riches of His kindness
By grace you have been saved through faith…
- salvation is a gift of God
- faith is a gift of God
- no one may boast
- you are His masterpiece created for eternal good works
Applying the Text
- Who wants to boast?
- Who wants to give praise to God?
- Who will walk in obedience?