The biblically faithful follower of Christ must respond to the culture with both grace and truth. In part 4 of Sexuality, Culture and the Bible, Pastor Dan Cox reads from John 1:1-18.
Subscribe to new episodes: iTunes | Google Play | RSS
- Part 1: “Culture Conflict”
- Part 2: “God’s Design for Sexuality”
- Part 3: “God’s Design for Marriage”
- Part 4: “Tough Questions: The Culture and You”
Understanding the Text
- Jesus is the Creator (John 1:1-3)
- Jesus is life and light ((John 1:4-13)
- Jesus is grace and truth ((John 1:14-18)
- – Does the Bible really teach that homosexual practice is sinful?
- – What are the origins of homosexuality? Are people born gay?
- – What about “gay conversion” therapy?
- – How do I talk about sexuality and marriage with gay friends and family? How can I speak the truth in love- not be permissive or harsh- but spot on and convicting?
- – How do I talk about sexuality and marriage with young children?
- – What about transgender identity issues?
- – What about hermaphroditism?
- – Who defines marriage?
- – As Christians, should we attend a gay marriage ceremony, or even send a gift or any kind of acknowledgment?
- The Complete Christian Guide to Understanding Homosexuality, by Joe Dallas & Nancy Heche
- The Bible and Homosexual Practice, by Robert A.J. Gagnon
- Out of a Far Country, by Christopher Yuan & Angela Yuan
- The Grace and Truth Paradox: Responding with Christlike Balance, by Randy Alcorn
- Straight Talk with Your Kids about Sex, by Josh & Dottie McDowell
- The Bare Facts: 39 Questions Your Parents Hope You Never Ask about Sex, by Josh McDowell
- I Never Thought I’d See the Day! Culture at the Crossroads, by Dr. David Jeremiah
- The Intolerance of Tolerance, by D.A. Carson
- Undefiled: Redemption from Sexual Sin, Restoration for Broken Relationships, by Harry Schaumburg
- The Meaning of Marriage, by Timothy Keller
Applying the Text
- Are you faithful to biblical truth in both doctrine and practice?
- Will you respond to the culture with both grace and truth?