God has designed holy marriage as a one flesh union between one man and one woman, faithful for life. In part 3 of Sexuality, Culture and the Bible, Pastor Dan Cox reads from Genesis 2:18-25.
Subscribe to new episodes: iTunes | Google Play | RSS
- Part 1: “Culture Conflict”
- Part 2: “God’s Design for Sexuality”
- Part 3: “God’s Design for Marriage”
- Part 4: “Tough Questions: The Culture and You”
Understanding the Text
- A Problem in Paradise (Genesis 2:18-20)
- A Suitable Companion (Genesis 2:21-23)
- A Divine Institution (Genesis 2:24-25)
God’s Design for Marriage
- “The Bible’s Teaching on Marriage and Family”
- – by Dr. Andreas J. Kostenberger
Summary Thoughts on Biblical Marriage
- – Marriage is not a human contract or convention… it is a divine, sacred covenant to be honored in the manner in which God designed it.
- – Marriage is intended to be permanent
- – Marriage is sacred
- – Marriage is the most intimate of all human relationships
- – Marriage is mutual
- – Marriage is exclusive
- – Marriage has been profoundly damaged by human sin in numerous ways
- – Marriage can be restored in Christ
Applying the Text
- If single, are you honoring Christ in your singleness?
- If married, are you honoring Christ in your marriage covenant?
- Will you stand for Biblical marriage?