There are a variety of gifts given to us by the Spirit to use for the common good of the church with an attitude of agape love. In part 5 of The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit, Pastor Dan Cox reads from 1 Corinthians 12 – 13.
Subscribe to new episodes:
Or search for Wonder Lake Bible Church in your favorite podcasts app.
The Person of the Spirit
“God the Holy Spirit is not an impersonal force or presence- He is a Person, a member of the Triune Godhead, who is to be loved and obeyed.”
The Work of the Spirit
“The work of the Holy Spirit is to manifest the active presence of God in the world, and especially in the church”.
- Wayne Grudem
The Holy Spirit’s Work
- In the Old Testament Era
- In the Life of Christ
- In the Church Era
- Spirit Baptism and Filling
- Origin and Purpose (1 Cor. 12:1-11)
- Unity in Diversity (1 Cor. 12:12-31)
- The Excellent Way of Love (1 Cor. 13:1-13)
Applying the Text
- Do you know how the Spirit has gifted you?
- Are you using your gifts for the common good with an attitude of agape love?