God is in control… of minor events… and major events. In part 2 of Esther: God Is In Control, Pastor Dan Cox reads from Esther 2-7.
Subscribe to new episodes: iTunes | Google Play | RSS
Previously in Esther…
Understanding the Text
- Esther Elevated to Queen of Persia (Esther 1:1 – 2:23)
- The Great Banquets of Xerxes (Esther 1:1-9)
- Vashti’s Dethronement (Esther 1:10-22)
- Esther is Made Queen (Esther 2:1-18)
- Mordecai Discovers a Plot (Esther 2:19-23)
- Haman Plots to Destroy the Jews (Esther 3:1 – 7:10)
- Haman’s Rage at Mordecai and the Jews (Esther 3:1-15)
- Mordecai Enlists the Help of Esther (Esther 4:1-17)
- Esther Approaches the King (Esther 5:1-14)
- Mordecai is Honored by the King (Esther 6:1-14)
- Haman is Hanged (Esther 7:1-10)
Principles from the Text
- God is control of both minor events and big events
- God places people in a position to help others
- If we are disobedient, God will work through someone else
- We must be willing to pay a heavy price if necessary for our convictions
Applying the Text
- Are you resting in God’s sovereign power and wisdom?
- Are you faithfully serving others in the place where God has placed you?
- Are you willing to serve God’s purposes no matter the cost?