Those who fear God will be delivered from fear of people and circumstances. In part 1 of Facing Fear and Worry, Pastor Dan Cox reads from Psalm 34.
Subscribe to new episodes: iTunes | Google Play | RSS
Understanding the Text
- Praise to the Lord (vv. 1-7)
- The Constancy of Praise (v. 1)
- The Company of Praise (vv. 2-3)
- The Comfort of Praise (vv. 4-7)
- The Fear of the Lord (vv. 8-14)
- An Invitation (vv. 8-11)
- An Exhortation (vv. 12-14)
- The Deliverance of the Lord (vv. 15-22)
- The Comfort of Prayer (vv. 15-17)
- The Comfort of His Presence (v. 18)
- The Comfort of His Protection (vv. 19-22)
Principles from the Text
- God comforts those who praise Him always
- God answers those who cry out to Him
- God blesses those who fear Him
- God comforts those who are brokenhearted
- God condemns those who oppose Him
Applying the Text
- Do you praise Him always?
- Do you pray always?
- Do you fear Him more than people and circumstances?